16 Horsepower

Monday, November 07, 2005

Made/Remade vol. 5 - "Ain't No Sunshine"

This edition of Made/Remade is the first to feature multiple covers. I'll be presenting Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine" as well as cover versions by reggae singer Horace Andy and a dark version of the tune by Woven Hand (which is basically the solo project of David Eugene Edwards, formerly of Sixteen Horsepower.)

I'm not going to ramble on about them this time, I'll just let the music do the talking:



Bill Withers - "Ain't No Sunshine" (1971) (purchase here)




Horace Andy - "Ain't No Sunshine" (1973) (purchase here)




Woven Hand - "Ain't No Sunshine" (2003) (purchase here)


Disclaimer to the big, bad label types that may stumble across this: These tracks aren't downloadable and they will be removed seven days after they're posted. I'm just trying to pimp some records and artists that I dig and hopefully you'll realize that since I posted links where you can purchase the works.

2 Comments:

  • Wow!

    I'm *really* digging that Woven Hand version!

    By Blogger EchoBoomer, at November 11, 2005 1:05 AM  

  • Woven Hand are pretty friggin' amazing. That entire CD is fantastic.

    I can't recommend it enough.

    The singer's previous band, 16 Horsepower played UAB's springfest in 97 or 98 when I was booking chairman of the event! It severely freaked people out to have music that dark at that event!

    By Blogger Nico, at November 11, 2005 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home